Holy Moly! It's been a while, I've been so caught up with transferring location from work (I now work on Robson St. American Apparel), trying to figure out university and basically catching up on old friends. We've decided to go to Anaheim next month to visit Mickey, Minnie, Sleeping Beauty, Peter Pan and all those wonderful Disney characters. I can't even comprehend this, I'm still jittering in my seat.
Another exciting event that I'm itching to get to is the official start of summer! Who doesn't love summer?! With that thought I leave you an early drink recipe perfect for those hot summer afternoons
Needed for 2 large pitchers:
2 white peaches
2 white nectarines
4 oranges
1 pint strawberries
2 bottles Torrontes (or any non-oaked white wine)
1/2 cup rose infused simple syrup
Cut the peaches and nectarines into eights or tenths
halve the strawberries
to make the syrup:
combine 1/3 cup sugar and 1/3 cup water
add the petals of one small perfumery rose OR 1/4 teaspoon rosewater
bring to boil and let it sip for 10 minutes to steep
Add the syrup and wine to the fruit
let the mixture sit in the fridge for a few hours to combine
Viola!
ps. did I mention that one of my sisters name is Bianca?
Happy Wednesday!

nice new look abigail...and we need to get together soon.
ReplyDeletehttp://jenalyenns.blogspot.ca/